We donate back 25% of our commission along with credits from the Mortgage Lender & Title Company towards your closing costs.
This past fall, I took a walk over the bridge with my husband & my dog. It was pretty impressive. They have done a LOT more work, I should walk over it again! My husband has a building back ground, and explained a lot of it to me. My friends work at Cianbro, and they are doing a GREAT job! I can’t tell if the picture shows up, but there is a sign ab
So I was able to create a slide show & I think thats cool! I wish I could get all the pictures over to it 😦 Well, this is a learning experience for sure!
I need to wrestle my camera back from my husband, there is a Canadian Goose pair down at the Store -24, that is going to have babies! They were there last year & the babies were adorable! (Store -24 is on the banks of the Bellamy River, above the mills. You will see more than you want to of these geese babies, they were som much fun last year!
Have a good night!
Karen C Mairs
(in case you have an interest in Real Estate 🙂
FYI- Slight technical difficulties today- double pictures & double links, but hey, enjoy! I started my morning at an Open House at 15 Grandview Drive in Dover NH.
Nate Dickey and Timothy C. Lindsey shared a link.
It is a fairly new development, but they left lots of mature trees in the yards, very nice. Well of course, 50% of the neighbors were mowing their lawns, sweeping their driveways & tidying up around the mailbox (?). “Great “, I thought, I wasn’t really planning on yard work this weekend, there was an actual frost last night, after all!
Nate Dickey and Timothy C. Lindsey shared a link.
But when I pulled in my driveway after the open house, I immediately thought “How NOT to sell your house this spring!”. ( I am not actually selling, just using my house for conversation).
So here’s my list:
1) Pick up all the branches that have dropped over the winter. Don’t throw them into a pile at the edge of your property line. Burn them in your wood stove, fire pit, or donate them to your neighbors woodstove. Take them to your
you KNOW there are 8,000,000 sticks. Don’t let your new buyer imagine having to pick them all up!
2) If there are BIG sticks, get help. Check Craigs List, sometimes people will come do it for free & take the firewood. (Check with your insurance company for that). Hire a professional tree company & make sure all of your trees are healthy & aren’t ready to crash on the new roof you just put on!
3) IF you have flower beds or any landscaping around your house, rake out those dead leaves from last year! Pick up that miscellaneous trash that has gotten caught in the bushes. Are the bushes themselves out of control? Get them TRIMMED! Get some mulch & freshen up those beds!
4) Are there some spots you touched up on the house & need a second coat? Do you have a cellar window that your dog broke? Get it replaced! At least paint the plywood you have covering it up to match the brick ! ( I also had to replace these clapboards, because my dog ate them-not the one that eats broccoli, but a different dog who eats broccoli AND houses)5) How about your gutters? Are some sections smashed, pulling away from the house or the brackets are half hanging off? Screw them back on. Did you take a piece off to repair a spot, put it back on! Are the gutters lined up with the downspouts? Are the gutters clear of debris? Are there trees growing out of them? (not mine, but I have seen it!) When buyers walk into your house on a rainy day are they getting dripped on? When you walk into your house are YOU getting dripped on?
6) When was the last time you checked all of your outside lights? Do the switches work? Do the bulbs work? Is the fixture itself clean? Is it broken? Was it smashed by a swinging screen/storm door? Get it FIXED!
7) Do you have outside steps & decks covered in winter debris, or giant muddy dog prints? Get out that power washer & clean it off. Have moss & other critters growing? A light solution of bleach & some elbow grease will get it off your railings as well.
8) I didn’t take any photos, but if you have a dog or twelve, pick up their poop! Dispose of it properly. NOTHING is going to turn off a buyer more than stepping in dog-doo while walking around your now immaculate yard.
9) If you were cleaning out your boat & threw some life jackets etc into the bushes for some reason, right next to the now crisp & dead chrysanthemum pots, pick it up put it away, throw it out!
10) I don’t promise, but I feel sure that we’re not going to get measurable amounts of snow, put your snow shovels and snow blowers away! And yikes! If your Christmas & Holiday Decorations are still out (yes that dead wreath too) take them down, put them away!
I hit some button that has added duplicates of pictures, sorry- still figuring this out!
Karen C Mairs http://kmairs.kwseacoast.com and hey, if you are moving to Arizona & not the Seacoast, I can still give you a hand, Keller Williams is INTERNATIONAL! Have a GREAT April Fools Day!
Keller Williams Coastal Realty
501 Islington Street